Click HERE to download the PDF.
by Whil Hentzen
Length: 10 pgs
Formats Available: PDF
Press date: 2004/7/7
Source code: N/A
Back to whitepaper list
Here's a quick tutorial to the essential steps involved in setting up a Linux Web Server, using Fedora Core as an example.
No explanation for any of the steps is provided; just the basic 'to do' list to install, configure and secure your Web server.
For background and explanation, see the various whitepapers and Linux Transfer books found on www.linuxtransfer.com.
Table of Contents
1.2.2. New version
1.2.3. Feedback and corrections
1.3. References and acknowledgments
2. Materials needed before you begin
3. Install Fedora Core 2
3.1 Installation type
3.2 Configure partitions
3.3 Ethernet configuration
3.4 Firewall and services
3.5 Package group selection
3.6 Log file
4. Get rid of unnecessary services
5. Test the Web server's default page
6. Test the Web server with your own page
7. Secure the box by shutting off unneeded services
8. Reconfigure SSH
9. All done with the basics
10. Where to go for more information