Click HERE to download the PDF.
by Whil Hentzen
Length: 14 pgs
Formats Available: PDF
Press date: 2004/7/21
Source code: N/A
Back to whitepaper list
One common need of Web site administrators is to host multiple Web sites on the same physical machine.
This functionality is called 'virtual hosting'. This document explains how to set up virtual hosting
with the Apache Web server running on Fedora Core 2, using a similar setup on Microsoft's Internet
Information Server as a reference point.
Table of Contents
1.2.2. New version
1.2.3. Feedback and corrections
1.3. References and acknowledgments
2. What you want
3. What you need
4. How IIS works with multiple hosts
5. Preparing content directories for multiple virtual hosts on Apache
6. How to configure Apache for multiple hosts
6.1 Configuration via the GUI
6.2 Configuration via the httpd configuration file
7. Restarting Apache so it will recognize your changes
8. Where to go for more information